These boots were made for...
...walking every bloody where today... I'm going to meet Bryan (from the early party) at a very cool place called 'The Standard'. Its on Sunset which is the same road as my hotel so I decide to walk... and walk... and walk until I feel like I am in the friggin Gohbi desert. The vultures are circling so I stop to ask someone how far it is. She informs me it is one more block on the right.... great!!
A mile later I ask someone else - 'She don't know shit - its about 2 miles on the left'... 3 miles later I ask again... "dude, why are you walking?" - I keep walking and eventually get stopped by another traveller who asks me for directions, I tell him I wouldn't know and have been looking for an hour for The Standard - he points behind me...
Inside - this is the coolest hotel in L.A. The reception is like Jamiroquai's living room - circular dome glass swinging chairs, floor to ceiling shaggy carpets and a real woman in a fish tank behind the concierge. (She's bored and reading a book). I suddenly realise that I have a chill-out album called 'The standard' and this is the place. Excellent, I am inside on of my own CD artworks...
Bryan turns up with a girl from his work - Her name is "Sunshine", she has died black hair, black makeup and black clothes... she hates her parents. She's a lovely girl but still resents her parents being surfers... She. Hates. The. Sun. We have a good lunch and shoot the breeze for while then its off out. before I go I have to buy a new CD though - I have know bought a new CD from inside the CD artwork of a CD at my house... Its at this point that I wonder how much affect that long walk had on me?
Today is a cancellation day, I have meetings cancelled, dinners cancelled, catchups cancelled - so bugger them all, I am off to another movie. I watch Thank You For Smoking and new black comedy, its starts well, is uber cool and then loses its legs, but it wasted some time.
I hear from an Actress - Emily - from australian that I have been trying to catch up with so I get her to meet me at the Arclight as I have 2 free tickets to the next feature of the festival. I had met the director and producer/writer at the opening party and they had sold me that this was the next big comedy to come out of the U.S. Emily and I catch up and then go in, we are back out within 10 minutes... its utter shit - hand held DV cam, amateur stuff with a packed audience. Its the kind of film that damages films - its the kind of thing that makes people bristle when you are introduced as a 'filmmaker'.
We get some dinner, catch up some more and then pop into the festival headquarters to grab a drink. It doesn't last long as some overzealous american twat busts in on our conversation with a tirade about how V for Vendetta is a political statement about 9/11 and the filmmakers should be vilified. He's loud, obnoxious and a postcard for middle america. He seems to think that we are hanging on his every word even about V for Vendetta.... hmm... its all I can do from refraining from butting him between the eyes. I am L for Livid, P for Pissed off and G for Getting the f**k outta here...
A mile later I ask someone else - 'She don't know shit - its about 2 miles on the left'... 3 miles later I ask again... "dude, why are you walking?" - I keep walking and eventually get stopped by another traveller who asks me for directions, I tell him I wouldn't know and have been looking for an hour for The Standard - he points behind me...
Inside - this is the coolest hotel in L.A. The reception is like Jamiroquai's living room - circular dome glass swinging chairs, floor to ceiling shaggy carpets and a real woman in a fish tank behind the concierge. (She's bored and reading a book). I suddenly realise that I have a chill-out album called 'The standard' and this is the place. Excellent, I am inside on of my own CD artworks...
Bryan turns up with a girl from his work - Her name is "Sunshine", she has died black hair, black makeup and black clothes... she hates her parents. She's a lovely girl but still resents her parents being surfers... She. Hates. The. Sun. We have a good lunch and shoot the breeze for while then its off out. before I go I have to buy a new CD though - I have know bought a new CD from inside the CD artwork of a CD at my house... Its at this point that I wonder how much affect that long walk had on me?
Today is a cancellation day, I have meetings cancelled, dinners cancelled, catchups cancelled - so bugger them all, I am off to another movie. I watch Thank You For Smoking and new black comedy, its starts well, is uber cool and then loses its legs, but it wasted some time.
I hear from an Actress - Emily - from australian that I have been trying to catch up with so I get her to meet me at the Arclight as I have 2 free tickets to the next feature of the festival. I had met the director and producer/writer at the opening party and they had sold me that this was the next big comedy to come out of the U.S. Emily and I catch up and then go in, we are back out within 10 minutes... its utter shit - hand held DV cam, amateur stuff with a packed audience. Its the kind of film that damages films - its the kind of thing that makes people bristle when you are introduced as a 'filmmaker'.
We get some dinner, catch up some more and then pop into the festival headquarters to grab a drink. It doesn't last long as some overzealous american twat busts in on our conversation with a tirade about how V for Vendetta is a political statement about 9/11 and the filmmakers should be vilified. He's loud, obnoxious and a postcard for middle america. He seems to think that we are hanging on his every word even about V for Vendetta.... hmm... its all I can do from refraining from butting him between the eyes. I am L for Livid, P for Pissed off and G for Getting the f**k outta here...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home