Extreme Akim!
I'm hitting a threshold now... boredom is setting in as friends that I have here are all gone on business trips and holidays. I'm going to get cabin fever any day soon - but its o.k. - tomorrow the meetings begin...
I get out and its drizzling with rain, I'm off to catch up with Bryan for lunch and its a bit of walk. I see the billboard as I leave and check my spurs - lets mosey on out of town...
I get to the restaurant and I'm pretty soaked, tired and hungry. I call Bryan but his mobile is off so I leave a message. Half an hour later and still no sign so I leave another message and head off to get lunch alone. The rain increases as I eat and by the time I am back at the hotel I am sodden... way to be stood up for lunch.
Its too wet to do anything much so I settle in for some afternoon television and find a new smorgasbord of visual delights - "An Eye for an Eye". This show is beyond tacky... this shows takes all the other Judge Judy's and Judge Alex's and sentences them to a few years hard labor. Its sooooo crap its genius.
The premise is that pointless cases are brought in and the judge hands out punishments in accordance with the crime. I.e someone complains about a wrestler being 'fake' and he sentences the guy to go in the ring and find out. The set is shit.... the titles are shit - its all shit... except they have one thing - the judge. "Extreme Akim"... I'm excited as the rent-a-crowd chant over and over "Extreme Akim!! Extreme Akim!" in anticipation of him arriving. I can hardly contain myself - who is this behemoth of justice and why is he so "extreme".
And then he comes out... All 50 pounds of skinny white home hubby. There is nothing extreme about akim. He is about as extreme as a paraplegic pillow fight... as dangerous as a wheat cracker. He talks in gang slang and he's "all dat", but I suspect he talks to other 50 year old white guys with muslim names on the internet at night.
Judge akim doesn't have a Gavel to strike his verdict... he has a baseball bat. I rest my case your honour...
I catch up with Greg for dinner and he shows me a great place within walking distance to the Hotel - The Belmont. Its rowdy, loud, with alcohol and red meat - just what I need.
After dinner I head back and for the rest of the night the hotel room looks like a chinese Nike sweat shop as I write letters, pack DVD's and scripts ready to send out the next day... I finish up around 2am and crash...
I get out and its drizzling with rain, I'm off to catch up with Bryan for lunch and its a bit of walk. I see the billboard as I leave and check my spurs - lets mosey on out of town...
I get to the restaurant and I'm pretty soaked, tired and hungry. I call Bryan but his mobile is off so I leave a message. Half an hour later and still no sign so I leave another message and head off to get lunch alone. The rain increases as I eat and by the time I am back at the hotel I am sodden... way to be stood up for lunch.
Its too wet to do anything much so I settle in for some afternoon television and find a new smorgasbord of visual delights - "An Eye for an Eye". This show is beyond tacky... this shows takes all the other Judge Judy's and Judge Alex's and sentences them to a few years hard labor. Its sooooo crap its genius.
The premise is that pointless cases are brought in and the judge hands out punishments in accordance with the crime. I.e someone complains about a wrestler being 'fake' and he sentences the guy to go in the ring and find out. The set is shit.... the titles are shit - its all shit... except they have one thing - the judge. "Extreme Akim"... I'm excited as the rent-a-crowd chant over and over "Extreme Akim!! Extreme Akim!" in anticipation of him arriving. I can hardly contain myself - who is this behemoth of justice and why is he so "extreme".
And then he comes out... All 50 pounds of skinny white home hubby. There is nothing extreme about akim. He is about as extreme as a paraplegic pillow fight... as dangerous as a wheat cracker. He talks in gang slang and he's "all dat", but I suspect he talks to other 50 year old white guys with muslim names on the internet at night.
Judge akim doesn't have a Gavel to strike his verdict... he has a baseball bat. I rest my case your honour...
I catch up with Greg for dinner and he shows me a great place within walking distance to the Hotel - The Belmont. Its rowdy, loud, with alcohol and red meat - just what I need.
After dinner I head back and for the rest of the night the hotel room looks like a chinese Nike sweat shop as I write letters, pack DVD's and scripts ready to send out the next day... I finish up around 2am and crash...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home