Tuesday, April 04, 2006

'Fruit' juice...

Its pissing down with rain today, the street outside is literally raining cats and dogs (But this is Boys Town - so thankfully there are poodles and siamese cats with waistcoats landing gently on the sidewalk)...

I need to print out all the documents I typed up last night so risk running out into the rain armed with nothing more than a baseball cap for protection. The nearest print shop is about half a mile away which is acceptable. I get there and am soaked - only to find that there is no one there and its shut... doh! So I wander back and get the other side soaked. Remember that comment a few days ago about how great it is to walk everywhere? - I retract it completely and utterly...

I change and go out again - grabbing a cab to Kinkos.

The kinkos etc are amazing here - I am in there for about an hour, writing, using the internet... I then print about 35 pages on a printer. I use the copier to print another 120 pages and get the guy behind the counter to punch and bind 3 scripts. At the checkout he passes me a bill for $2.64!!... I ask him how the hell they make money and his reply is "That's plus taxes?".

Back at the room and I package up 20 packs to send out to companies and send them off. I figure in this weather its best to grab a subway sandwich and head back to the room for the afternoon as my big important meeting just got moved again.. bah!!

The poodles are still falling so I figure its best to just get a tuna sub and go next door for a juice - Greg has recommended 'Jamba Juice'. Apparently they do the best juice around... if only he knew... I head in and get a mix of whatever there is going, the ticket is passed across to a nice mexican guy who does the juicing for me and makes light conversation. You know - all the usual questions... "where are you from?", "how long have you been here?", "Do you like L.A.?", "Have you hooked up with any cute guys yet?"... whoa! Back up there Billy Bob - what was the last question?

He leans in a little closer whilst pumping my carrots and lowers his voice, "Hook up with any cute guys around here yet?". Its not what I expected to hear... I only came in here for some refreshing beverages. I explain that I doubt my two kids would be surprised that I was shocked at that question and he throws his hands in the air with a 'oh... sorry buddy... oh...". I accept his apology... but I still have to pay for the juice. I suddenly realise why the Subway guy next door smirked when I asked for a 6 incher.

Its been a pretty boring day in all so I wander back to the Belmont for dinner and it doesn't disappoint - fish and chips, atmosphere and happy hour! I stumble out a few drinks to the wind and wind my way back... ready for the beginning of a new festival...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home